Will I be in big trouble if I add more tempting chocolate to your week? I mean, I have posted some healthy stuff this week like the muffins and the bell peppers. I wouldn’t want to be accused of being too healthy or anything, you know? It’s all about balance.
These seem like a good recipe to post today. It’s January and that means for most of you it is probably cold and/or snowing outside and these are perfect for bringing some warmth into your house with their warm chocolatey goodness.
Surprisingly, it’s still pretty cold where I live even though the seasons are opposite. Not really cold cold, but when the sun spends the day hiding behind the clouds you can bet that it will be sweater weather. We joke that we’re South Pole elves now because of our proximity. I love using that as my excuse when I’m feeling cranky or just having a bad day (anyone seen Elf?). My family is loving it though. It’s like dream weather for my radiator of a brother and my 9-months-pregnant sister. I’m the only weird one who is wishing for a little heat.
Okay, it’s always a sign that I’m not in a wordy mood when I resort to talking about the weather. I just can’t think of much to say today. I guess I should tell you about these cookies
I’ve had the hardest time deciding on a name for these delicious things. What do you call a cookie that has every kind of chocolate?
These are possibly going to become the new family favorite around here. They’ve got everything you could wish for in a cookie. They’re sweet but the natural bitterness of cocoa gives them the perfect balance that keeps them from being sickening and leaves you wanting more making them majorly addictive. They have a soft and fudgy texture with just the right amount of chewiness. Then, of course, they are stuffed with not one, but three different kinds of chocolate! I don’t think they could be better than that
I want to tell you that you should try them but I probably don’t need to be the one responsible for giving you such a dengerous recipe. So you really shouldn’t make these. Yeah, definitely do not try this recipe for chewy, soft, gooey, melt-in-your-mouth, chunky, chocolate chip cookies.
You can’t say I didn’t warn you.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter (2 1/4 sticks), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup(175g) each of: dark chocolate,milk chocolate, and white chocolate (chips or chopped chocolate)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Cream butter and sugars together in bowl of stand mixer or with hand mixer. Scrape sides of bowl and add eggs; beat until fluffy. Add cornstarch, vanilla, soda, salt, and cocoa and mix until combined.
- Add flour one cup at a time and beat after each addition. Stir in chocolate and line a cookie sheet with parchment or silicone baking pads..
- Roll into golf-sized balls and place about 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Press down slightly and bake for 8 - 10 minutes until edges start to get crunchy. Remove from oven and cool for about 5 minutes before serving.