Did anyone elses weekend fly by on fast-forward? Mine definitely did, and I just realized that friday is Halloween which means Christmas time is right around the corner. Yay, my favorite time of year!
I have so much to do though! This time of year is always so hectic anyway from the holidays but on top of that my family is also moving this weekend, so I am going to be extra busy. I am so excited about having a new space to work with. I’m hoping that I will be able to have a better food photography area because my current situation is pretty hilarious.
Let’s just say that a more user-friendly space would make my life a whole lot easier. The small bedroom window area I use now may have the best lighting in the house but I’m always climbing on things, balancing stuff, and stacking tables to try to get the right angles and lighting. It’s ridiculous. Pictures can sometimes take me hours before I get anything remotely usable. I said usable, not good. I will be the first to admit that my food photography skills need a lot of work.
Okay, enough about that. It’s time to talk about s’mores. I know I just did a s’mores recipe last week so this may seem redundant. It’s just, I had all of these extra marshmallows sitting around begging to be used for something so I made these s’mores cookie cups. I wasn’t even planning to post this recipe but they turned out so well and my mom said that I should.
I have to say that these were pretty good. You actually put graham cracker crumbs into the cookie dough. Awesome, right? It gives them that flavor that you can only get in a crunchy graham cracker, but the cookies are a big bite of yummy chewiness. So basically you’re getting the best of both worlds.
This is actually the recipe I use for my family’s favorite s’mores bars but I thought it would be so much fun to try them in cup shapes. Plus, the cups can be stuffed with tons of chocolate and marshmallows for the ultimate s’mores-lover’s dream.
I used homemade marshmallows that I cut into minis for these, but you can use regular minis. I just have a addiction to making homemade marshmallows.
So please try these because they are super easy once you’ve got marshmallows. I would love to know how they turn out for you, especially if you use homemade marshmallow too!
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker or cookie crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups(200g) milk chocolate chips or chopped milk chocolate
- 3 cups mini marshmallows (I used homemade )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together. Add egg, baking powder, salt, and vanilla and beat in. Mix in flour until well combined then stir in crumbs until dough comes together.
- Grease 2 12-cavity cupcake pan with oil or butter. Roll dough into golf sized balls and press into pan. Be sure to spread it all the way up the sides. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown on edges. Remove from oven to cool and immediately top with chocolate to melt.
- If using regular marshmallows then add marshmallows to top right after chocolate and place back in oven until marshmallows are toasted, 2 - 3 minutes.
- If using homemade marshmallows, allow cups to cool for about 5 minutes before adding to tops. You just need enough heat to slightly melt them onto chocolate.
- Serve with a big glass of ice cold milk!