Happy monday and first day of December everyone! Now we are officially on our 25 days until Christmas countdown! Is that crazy or what?
We need to start this month off right and how better to do that than with chocolate? Oh, and maybe some cheesecake….now we’re getting there!
Speaking of Christmas, have you guys already decorated? We have, well sort of. I’m still thinking of adding some homemade decorations because our Christmas decorations are currently limited to what we were able to buy last year. It’s not a lot. Of course, that’s coming from a person who has a history of decorating every room in the house.
What can I say, I love Christmas. I’m planning my annual gingerbread house. I’ve decorated one every year for as long as I can remember. It used to be just the premade kits you can buy and we would get enough for my whole family to decorate, but my brothers have gotten boring and never finish and most of my sisters would rather just help.
Sophie is the only one who really enjoys it like I do so the last few years I have made the gingerbread from scratch and decorated it myself, with sophie as my helper and moral support of course.
Trust me, it’s way better. You actually want to eat it while your decorating. Well, I think that’s a good thing….
Anyway, this year is going to have to be epic. I’m not completely sure what the plan is yet but I am really excited.
Sorry, back to cheesecake brownies. I don’t think I even need to try and sell you on how good these are. I mean, every sane person can figure out that brownie+cheesecake+ganache = Delicious! Plus, you know if I’m sharing the recipe it has to be good because I don’t share any of my flops that happen all the time. I try to only share the best here on my blog.
In my opinion these make the cut. They are fudgy and creamy and decadent and I could go on and on…
Make them, try them, eat them, share them because these obviously need to happen!
- 1/3 cup (about 6 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2(8oz) packages cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 150g (about 2/3 cup) semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- Cream butter and oil with sugar in medium mixing bowl. Add eggs, vanilla, salt, and soda. Stir in flour and cocoa powder until smooth.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C) and grease a 13x9 inch baking dish or pan with oil.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pan and spread into even layer.
- In separate bowl, Beat cream cheese until very smooth then add sugar. Mix in eggs, vanilla, and salt and beat until creamy. Pour Cheesecake batter carefully over brownie batter and smooth with spatula.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes until cheesecake layer is set and edges are slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool for at least 30 minutes then put in refrigerator to cool for about 1 hour.
- When bars are cooled, heat cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring just to a boil. Immediately remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Pour over bars and smooth with spatula. When ganache has set, cut into squares and serve cold or at room temperature.