And just like that January is quickly coming to its end and February is coming up.
So far this year has already had its ups and downs. On the up side of things I’ve been loving being back in the States and living near so much convenience. I’ve been driving more than ever and, as a food blogger, to have so many options for grocery shopping and prop shopping is really nice, I have to admit. Although, doing so much more grocery shopping and adulting has been a bit hilarious because I’m like “Dude, groceries are freaking expensive!” I also did some skiing, I’m getting better at yoga, the gym is basically becoming my second home, I set up a much better photography studio situation, and I’ve been really getting back into recipe creating so I’m excited about the rest of the year.
On the down side the flu season taking over our house first thing after Christmas sucked big time and then with a close family member being very unwell at the moment, I guess overall January could have been better. With that going on I’ve had a lot more opportunities to cook for our house because we’ve had my cousins and some other friends staying with us so lots of people to share food with, which I love!
I hope your year is off to a great start. What’s your favorite thing that happened in January?
No recipe today, just snaps because sometimes all we wanna do is look at yummy food, right?
Okay, and here are some of the links that I’ve loved from this past week:
- This awesome gift guide for Valentine’s Day from Lauren Conrad has some seriously cute ideas for the kiddos!
- Have you guys jumped on the kombucha train because even my house has. My 9-year-old sister is even a fan. Well if you’re into it too you’ve gotta check out this stunning sangria from How Sweet Eats!
- Chungah from Damn Delicious made this incredibly yummy looking soup that’s going on my to-make list for sure!
- I’ve now added another recipe on my to-make list based on inspiration from these beautiful tarts from Bakerita!
- I made another batch of these Vegan + GF Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies mostly to insure I didn’t just imagine that they could exist. If you ever wanted to have a delicious chocolate chip cookie without the grains and dairy but thought it wasn’t possible, you’ve gotta try!
- This super gorgeous pasta from Dolly and Oatmeal makes me feel cozier just looking at it!
- I can’t get over how adorable this idea for Savory Pizza Scones is, YES!
- These Oh so chocolatey almond butter protein bars from Fit Mitten Kitchen have made me officially decide that I HAVE to make some homemade protein bars this week!
- If you need Superbowl food inspiration Tieghan’s got you covered with these crazy cheesy pretzel creations and basically everything else on her blog as well.
- Omg, and I’m still drooling over Naomi’s ridiculously decadent cookie bars! Bakers Royale guys, she knows her stuff in the kitchen!