Hey everyone! It feels like it has been a long time since I have posted but I know that it hasn’t really been that long. Traveling and changing your everyday life makes everything feel a little jumbled. I am not set up where I can do recipe posts yet so I decided to do a post that I have been too busy to get to until now.
About 2 weeks ago Liz@FloatingKitchen.net nominated me for the Liebster award. Thanks Liz! It isn’t exactly an award. It is an invitation to bloggers to tell a little about ourselves and answer some questions, then pass the buck and nominate others to do the same. If you are curious about it, then you can follow it back through the line of bloggers and get an idea what it is. There are many sets of rules out there with different variations. So even though I would like to do a recipe today, I am going to do a small post about me and choose other bloggers to nominate. I hope that’s okay with you guys.
So here are the….
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I prefer not talking about myself. It is something that I try not to do on my blog too much but that can sometimes be difficult when you run out of things to say.
2. I have a little obsession with fluffy pajamas, or anything fluffy for that matter. In fact, the amount of time I sometimes spend in my fluffy pjs is embarrassing and I will never admit to it.
3. I know how to milk a goat. I feel that I have had the full farmgirl experience actually. I have done everything from breeding rabbits to chasing pigs.
4. I like almost every food out there. I’m really not picky at all. I can’t even think of a food that I don’t like at the moment.
5. I cannot tan and I get sunburned really easily. I am cursed with English skin, freckles and all, that only knows shades of red and white.
6. I am the second in 7 kids.
7. The holidays are my favorite time of the year. I feel like a little kid every time October rolls around and I start planning for Christmas like in July. I love Christmas!
8. I am a movie/tv show lover and I am just as un-picky with movies and movie genres as I am with food. I love so many that I could never choose a favorite. Although, there are some classics that are near the top of my list like Star Wars, Godfather, and It’s a Wonderful Life.
9. I once flipped a 4-wheeler on top of myself. A mistake I plan to never repeat.
10. I was homeschooled.
11. I absolutely love thunderstorms. That is one of the biggest things that I miss from growing up in Tennessee, the amazing summer storms. My crazy family and I used to stand out on our front porch just to watch the lightning that would illuminate the sky.
It is surprisingly difficult to think up random things about myself. Glad that I’m done with that part. Now I have to answer the questions from Liz…..
11 Questions From Liz:
1. What is your favorite thing to cook?
I love to cook food that I can decorate when it’s done but I don’t usually have the time.
2. What is the best meal you’ve ever had?
This one is hard for me to answer because I have so many things that I love. The first thing that comes to mind is the Chinese food from my favorite little Chinese restaurant in TN called China Wok. It wasn’t a chain. It was a family that was really from China and they made everything fresh where you could watch them. The best meal I have ever had is a plate of their Moo Goo Gui Pan and General Tso’s Chicken. Great, now I’m hungry.
3. Which blogs do you follow regularly?
Hmm… I have so many blogs that I like to read that I don’t usually follow any certain ones very closely as much as just browsing a lot.
Some of my favorites are Bakers Royale, Cooking Classy, Half Baked Harvest, Gimme Some Oven, Sally’s Baking Addiction, and the list goes on and on.
4. What five words would you use to describe your blog?
Foodie, Baking, Family, Teenager, Chocoholic.
5. Which blog post are you the most proud of?
I know they are far from being unique but My Chocolate Chip Cookies have always been something that I was known for by friends and family. I really liked doing that post, but my Cheesy Chicken Taquitos and my Pink Lemonade Bars seem to be very popular with my readers.
6. Are you a night owl or an early bird?
Definitely an early bird. I am always the first person up in my house, usually hours before my family full of night owls.
7. When is the last time you laughed so hard that it hurt?
I honestly don’t remember which means that it has been way too long.
8. What is the last book you read?
The Giver by Lois Lowry. A very good read if you have never read it.
9. What song/artist do you listen to when you’re in need of a pick-me-up?
Colbie Caillat. I love all of her songs.
10. What is the best vacation you’ve ever taken?
I grew up going to Disney World almost every year and I don’t think I could choose just one of those trips as a favorite. I am also enjoying my sort-of-vacation that I am on right now. This may top the list by the time I go home.
11. What did you want to be when you grew up (and are you currently doing it?)
Well, I am not really grown up yet but I have never been the kind of person who has their whole life planned out. I remember going through stages where I thought I wanted to be a toy tester like Tom Hanks on Big, then it was a secret agent, then it became a lawyer. Obviously, I am not currently doing any of those. For now, I’m just testing out the blogosphere since I don’t have to make any life decisions right away.
Okay, now here are the questions for my nominees….
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. If you had to eat only one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
3. What is your favorite recipe that you have ever made?
4. You can tell a lot about a person by the way they eat a cupcake. Are you: A. The type that licks the frosting off and eats only the cupcake, B. The type that prefers only the cake without the frosting, C. The type that eats it in perfectly equal bites with perfect frosting to cake ratio, or D. The type that just likes to eat the cupcake any way you can have it?
5. What is your favorite holiday?
6. If you could be anywhere in the world right now where would it be?
7. What is the first recipe you remember ever making, or have you been cooking longer than you remember?
8. What is your ultimate food/dessert weakness?
9. Stupidest movie you have ever sat through?
10. Is there a person in your life that inspires you to cook? If so who are they?
11. What is the biggest tip that you wish you had known before starting your blog?
And now for my nominees…..
Anna from OnePricklyPear.com
Yulia from BakingAfterDark.com
Lindsay from TheLocalTasteBlog.com
Marco & Veronique from OhMyDish.com
Jamie from GirlEatsGreens.com
Mallorie form EatRealHealthyFood.com