Cue the Celtic music, put on your kilts, and bring out the bagpipes because we are going Irish today.I think this may be a new favorite way to eat potatoes in my house. My family loves potatoes and, wow, can we go through them fast. When I post a recipe that I have made for the whole gang, I usually have a bunch more that isn’t in the picture. I pretty much have to do that or I wouldn’t have anything to take pictures of.Occasionally when I am trying something new I only make a little bit and then regret it because I feel the pressure of everyone waiting to eat it while I take pictures. That, of course, makes it impossible to focus and get good pictures. Luckily, this was not one of those times. I made a ton of potatoes and there was plenty for everyone.
This is one of those recipes that doesn’t need to have exact measurements. It can be just as easily made for a big group as it can for just a few people.Basically, you just cook the potatos, layer them with all of your favorite toppings and heat it all up. Simple, right?These can be topped with just about anything. Go crazy with flavors and make them your own.
- 4-5 medium potatoes, washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 3 - 4 eggs
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 large tomato
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Slice potatoes into rounds (cut long ways for smaller potatoes) about 1/4 inch thick. Toss them in oil and lay them out in a single layer (a little overlapping is fine). Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake, turning every 15 minutes, for about 45 minutes total until soft and slightly crispy. Remove from oven and cool
- While your potatoes are baking, fry the eggs in a medium non-stick skillet and set aside.
- When potatoes are cooled enough to handle, layer them in the same skillet and top with cheese, bacon, avocado, tomatoes, and eggs.
- Cover skillet and place over medium heat for 6 - 8 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.