Happy friday everyone! Anybody feel like having a luau?
I am so happy that today is friday but not as much as I usually am. Usually I am looking forward to having some time to catch up with everything over the weekend, but not this week. My family is moving this weekend so that means I’ll need like triple the amount of catch-up time next weekend. Assuming I survive that long.
I don’t care who you are, moving is always stressful and it doesn’t matter how many times you do it. My least favorite part is that last minute stuff that you forget you have to deal with and make decisions on until you have already reached your limit. Don’t you hate that moment? That stuff usually ends up in the trash.
I am exaggerating a lot here. It won’t really be that bad and I am so excited about the new house and new area that it is all going to be totally worth it.
On a much happier note, I made pizza last night and tried a new flavor that I thought you all might like. When I make pizza for this gang there are always at least 2 flavors. Last night I made 3 different ones.
I also tried a new crust out, a rice flour crust. It can be made totally gluten-free if you want. Mine was going to be totally gluten-free but I ran out of rice flour and I didn’t have any other kind because we are moving and I am low on ingredients. I had to sub some wheat flour. I loved the texture that the crust had with half of each flour. It was so soft.
If you do eat gluten-free then you can replace wheat flour with your favorite gluten free mix or try using all rice flour.
This pizza smelled so good. Everyone in the house was drooling over it while I was taking pictures. I am getting better at that part though. The timing not the picture, the pictures still pretty much suck.
I have learned to make sure that I finish whatever I am making before everyone gets hungry so that I can have time to take some pictures without all of the pressure.
It usually works unless I run into distractions or problems. Okay, that happens a lot but for once it didn’t and I had a few minutes of peace to take some pictures.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. active dry yeast
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 2 Tbs. oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose or GF flour
- 1 1/2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 cup your favorite bbq sauce (I used this recipe
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine yeast, sugar, and water in a medium mixing bowl and let sit for about 5 minutes to let the yeast react. Add other ingredients and mix until it starts to form a dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 - 10 minutes. It should be smooth and resilient. Grease a medium bowl and place dough inside. Flip in bowl to cover all sides with oil and cover with towel or plastic wrap. Put in warm place to rise until doubled in size.
- While dough is rising, brown ground beef in a medium skillet over medium heat and drain grease. Mix half of the sauce with the beef and reserve the rest for pizza.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Sprinkle cornmeal on pizza pan or stone and spread dough into a disk about 10 inches in diameter. Spread reserved sauce and top with meat, then cheese, then pineapple, onions, and cilantro.
- Bake for 20 - 26 minutes or until edges start to brown and cheese is all melty.
- Serve hot