Today is a day for some sprinkles….or chocolate. Hey, how about both! Because sprinkles and chocolate make people happy.
All of those fun bright colors and all of that creamy richness. You know that whatever this stuff is going into is going to be yummy.
So, not to get totally off subject here, but I have been having lighting issues recently with my food pictures. Geez, it is so hard to take good pictures when my favorite light source, being the sun, keeps going in and out of clouds. I have to constantly keep changing everything. Which keeps getting me very frustrated and leaving me convinced that the sun is trying to ruin my life.
The number of recipes that I have taken pictures of that are so bad I can’t even post the recipes is only slightly less embarrassing than the number of actual pictures I have taken. And yet I still pretty much hate most of my recent stuff.
Uggghh! Hopefully someday I will master this whole food photography thing but for now you guys will have to just pretend that my pictures aren’t completely awful so I don’t feel so bad.
Sorry, back to cookies and sprinkles.
I made these fun little cookies with my favorite 5-year-old in mind. Sophie is, like every other kid her age, a big fan of sprinkles. Although, she’s claims that she doesn’t like dark chocolate which is kind of bologna because she eats it all the time. I threw that in for the chocoholics in my house.
I have never made funfetti anything before. I think I may have started something bad. Good…..but bad.
These cookies are like a slice of birthday cake and a chocolate chip cookie fused together. So basically just pure yumminess.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened (not melted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (90g) white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (90g) semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 3/4 (120g) rainbow sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Cream butter and sugars together in bowl of stand mixer or with hand mixer. Scrape sides of bowl and add eggs; beat until fluffy. Add cream, vanilla, soda, and salt. Add cornstarch then flour one cup at a time and beat after each addition. If you are using a hand mixer you may have to hand stir the last cup of flour into the dough. Stir in chocolate and sprinkles and line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Roll into balls somewhere between 1 and 2 tablespoons and place about 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes until edges start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for about 5 minutes before moving to cooling rack.