I had an earth-shattering realization a few days ago while planning some recipes for this week.
You guys, I have somehow gone my entire blogging-life without ever sharing a recipe for what I’d consider one of the most insanely awesome fusion foods ever conceived by the human mind! Enter: These epic Garden Veggie Pepperoni Pizzadillas!!!!
If you’ve been living under a rock or just simply don’t pay much a attention to current trends (don’t worry it happens #storyofmylife), then it’s possible you’ve never met a pizzadilla before. It’s okay if that’s the case because I’m here to rescue your situation, and if you have made pizzadillas before then you still may not have loaded them with the yumminess of fresh veggies so hopefully you can still be inspired.
What I find to be the most genius thing about the pizzadilla is how fast and simple they are. Picture this; it’s a weeknight, you’ve had a long day and are in serious need of some comfort food (“I crave sustenance!”), but the problem is that you don’t have the energy to make anything or the patience to order in. This hypothetical scenario is only one of the bajillions of scenarios where this recipe can save you’re life. I’m telling you, you’ve got to try it.
That’s why I thought I’d even keep today’s post at a minimum to match the ease and speed of what I’m sharing. I mean, sometimes it’s good to have some catch-up time to chat about the trivia of day to day life…………but let’s get real here, you know it’s way more often that you’re in a hurry after procrastinating life by way of the internet and you’re just going to skip all the boring text anyway. I get it and I don’t take it personally, promise. Besides, there are important things to be done, for example, you’ve got some pizzadilla-making to get to!
Okay, but really quickly, let me tell you how easy this is! I’m talking 15 minutes and done, that’s how easy. Let’s break it down in 3, 5-minute, steps. So the first 5 minutes, you chop some veggies (And by the way, feel free to choose whichever kind you like if you aren’t a fan of the ones I used in the recipe. There are no rule here.), then you throw them in a pan and give them a good brown for some AH-mazing flavor, there’s the next 5 minutes.
After that you grab the sauce, tortillas, pepperoni, and don’t forget the cheese! Now layer it all together and you’ve got those last 5 minutes left to crisp up the outside and get you’re cheese all melty, YES! See, Shazam, 15 minutes to pizzadilla heaven peeps!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup portabello mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 ounces pepperoni (or about 20)
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat and and add the garlic, zucchini, and onion. Stir for about 3 minutes until starting to soften, then add in the mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Now heat another tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Spread the pizza sauce on the tortillas and top with cheese, veggies, and pepperoni. Fold the pizzadillas shut and place them in the pan to fry each side for about 2 minutes. Serve hot!